Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

My Closet Door - Forever Unhinged

Lately there have been quiet a few celebrities coming out of the closet. I mean I guess it's not that much of a surprise once the announcement is made, because some things are just THAT obvious.





Take Clay Aiken for instance, Stevie Wonder could see that he was gay.




Lindsey Lohan has been seeing Samantha Ronson, the DJ for quite some time. Me being gay, I know that most "straight" feminine women who claim to be just "friends" with lesbian butch/stud women, are lying. There is some sort of romantic interest there.



LAS VEGAS - Comedian Wanda Sykes says the passage of a same-sex marriage ban in California has led to her be more outspoken about being gay.


"You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to. I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life," Sykes told a crowd at a gay rights rally in Las Vegas on Saturday.


"Everybody that knows me personally they know I'm gay. But that's the way people should be able to live their lives," she said.

Celebrities have it hard when it comes to leading any type of secretive life. I feel bad for them at times. I mean the money and the fame is great, but it comes with it's own price and sacrifices. Your personal life being one of those sacrifices. Mo' Money, Mo' Problems right? Hell yeah. They can keep that. I value my privacy too much for all of that.

Just this year I saw Wanda Sykes in Bush Intercontinental Airport out here in Houston. I was there to pick up my friend flying in from Florida. I was highly pissed off at the time, because I had been in that airport much too long trying to find her behind, and while standing there looking mad, I saw Wanda Sykes standing right in front of me. She looked different without the extra Hollywood make up, and the power of the digital camera. We caught eye contact and I smiled. I really didn't know what to say. I'm not a star struck kind of gal, so I wasn't like boiling over with excitement. She said "hello" and I returned with a "hello Ms. Sykes." Then she told me not to look so mad, and I just told her that I had been in that stupid airport for almost 2 hours waiting for my friend. She told that she hoped I found her soon before I hurt someone, and that was that. My "gay-dar" did go off though. She didn't look butch or anything, but she just gave off this gay vibe. She wasn't with a woman or anything, but I believe her bodyguard and a couple teenage boys. A few people stopped her once they realized who she was. She was very down to earth, but I imagined that she would be just by seeing her on television.

So now she's confirmed my assumptions. They were wrong for revoking the same sex marriage law in Cali though. So I can understand her and all the other folks anger out there. "You know, I don't really talk about my sexual orientation. I didn't feel like I had to. I was just living my life, not necessarily in the closet, but I was living my life," I really liked this quote, because I am the same way when it comes to my life. I grew up in a family that is very private when it comes to their personal business. So I have not had this whole big "coming out" ceremony with my parents or anyone else for that matter, because I choose to live my life without announcements. I'm not in the closet, but I don't feel the need to yell it out to the world my sexual orientation either. If someone happened to asked, I would tell them the truth, and that includes my family. The thing is, no one ever asks, loll. My parents never will ask either, because we are just that private. As long as I'm doing alright health and financial wise, they feel they don't need to know all that other stuff.

We were talking about the homosexual statistics at the beauty shop this weekend. There are still some ignorant people out there who will never accept homosexuality, just like there are still some people who won't accept black people. Bottom line, the world will forever be ignorant in some way, shape, or form. McCain wouldn't have been able to change that. Obama won't change that, and whoever comes after him will not be able to change it. That's just not in the plan, sorry folks.

5 readers:

ill;kinda said...

I loved reading this . I had no Idea that Wanda Sykes was anywhere near homosexual. But then again, I don't even know her. that was a shock to me. But I agree with her quote that you liked so much, just live your life for you , and everything else seems like it will fall into place from their.

& you're right
one person cannot change the world , but if we all follow suit when someone attempts to, it may happen
...maybe

Landlady of Fat said...

New reader here. I had guessed about Wanda so this just confirms it.

I have a question though -- are you with someone that you want to spend the rest of your life with?

If so, how does that go over with your family?

If not, how will it? I mean there comes a point in time where you want them there at family functions and to be treated like any other spouse.

I'm curious.

Great blog by the way -- the layout is hot. :)

She W0rd Hustlez said...

ill;kinda - You may be right about the whole following suit thing, but with this day in age and all the people mentally trapped in their own shit; that probably won't happen.

Tina - No, I'm not with anyone at all right now. I once thought there was one people I could spend my entire life with; but that didn't happen. Like I mentioned in my blog, me and my family are very private people and we all live our separate lives. I have never had an issue with my family and anything regarding my sexuality, because there has never been any questions asked or eyebrows raised that I know about.

Latoya said...

interesting

wow i didnt know wanda was gay!

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Toya - Lot's of folks were shocked, loll.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
A Lover's Hustle | TNB