Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

The Cure Part I

She couldn't believe how long it's been since she graduated from college, Sara thought as she thumbed through her old college yearbook. The faint scent of roses entered her nostrils. She looked around the room took in the beautiful sight of all the gorgeous arrangements, balloons and stuffed animals. A "Get well soon Sis" banner draped across foot of her bed. Sara didn't know how long she'd been here there that time. Going by the wilting of some of the roses, she estimated that it had to have been a few days since she'd been admitted. She didn't want to think about it though, at least she was up and breathing. To top it off, she felt pretty good too. She narrowed her attention back on the yearbook that lay in her lap. It indeed had been over six years since she walked across that long stage in front of 13,000 eager parents, grandparents, husbands, wives, children and other graduate supporters. That was a day she never thought she'd see.

Sara Gibbs was the middle child of 9 brothers and sisters. Her baby sister Janice teases her still to this day, calling her the "invisible one". Of course Sara never found any humor in the joke. In fact, she only found it insulting and hurtful, because it was true in her eyes. She was invisible. All of her childhood, her parents managed to look over her; devoting all of their time and attention to her younger and older siblings. Although she was the middle child, she was still the last to receive anything in her household. Needless to say, by the end of her high school years, Sara picked the furthest school away from home to attend. She made sure that she stayed on her tip top when it came to academics, because she knew she wouldn't have a shot at a scholarship in any type of athletics. Constantly buried in her books, day in and day out; she managed not to get pregnant like all four of her sisters did. In fact, she hadn't experienced anything intimate with a boy until her 11th grade year of high school.

His name was Michael Garner. Sara knew that he had a crush on her since their 9th grade year. She was made quite aware of that by her best friend Jacqueline Banks. "Girl, when are you going to give Michael the time of day?" she would whisper to her in their study hall class. Michael was in the same class with the two of them and sat 3 rows back. Sometimes Sara would turn around and catch Michael starring at her with a grin on his face every time their eyes met. She'd just quickly turn back around and lower her head into whatever subject she chose to study that day. "It's no secret that the boy has the hots for you Sara! Stop being a stuck up bitch and live a little!" Jackie was always trying to get her involved in some crazy adventure. It's funny how the two of them ended up being such close friends, because they are extremely different. Apparently there is some truth to the meaning that 'opposites do attract'.

By the end of their junior year in school, Sara decided to respond to one of the many letters passed up to her during their study hall class. After some major jabbing from Jackie, Sara thought she better respond, before she ended up in the hospital with a fractured rib. She opened the letter and silently read his words.

Dear Sara,

This is my 22nd attempt to get your attention. None of my letters have said the same thing twice, because I try to be as sincere and genuine as I possibly can. Everyday I sit and I study you. I know that may sound a bit odd, but I just am totally wrapped up in the girl of my dreams. You're so smart and are nothing like these chicks running around the school. I just want to be close to you one time, even if it's long enough to sniff your sweet smelling scent. You know the summer melon scent? Oh, I love the way that smells on you. However, that only compliments your beauty.

Okay, enough of my flattering ways. I don't know how strict your parents are, but if you are able to, I'd like to take you out to the movies one evening. I promise I won't do anything to disrespect you or make you feel any discomfort. I'm not the begging type of guy, but my mama always says; that if I want something bad enough, I can bend my rules just a little bit and set my pride aside. So Miss. Sara Gibbs, please go out with me. If you say no, I promise to never bother you again and return back to my dreams until they fade away.

Write me back,
Mike

"What did it say?!" Jackie tried her best to keep her whisper as low as she possibly could. She didn't succeed. It was obvious that everyone heard her, especially when she heard a loud tapping sound coming from Mrs. Kentworth's ruler. She always did that when we got too loud. Jackie lowered her whisper where only Sara could hear, "It must've been something good since you are turning bright red", she giggled and eased Michael's letter out of my hand. She read it and even started to blush herself. "I told you so! You need to respond this time, and say YES!" she exclaimed.

Sara quietly tore out a blank page from her spiral notebook. She didn't know exactly what her response would be, but she did however know she was going to give Michael Garner a chance. No boy has ever gone to such great lengths to gather her attention and she was indeed flattered to the highest degree. Jackie had described to her a feeling on multiple occasions, but Sara had never experienced it. Now she knew exactly what Jackie meant when she referred to "the throbbing". Michael Garner has moistened a place that Sara has never felt moistened before and she liked it.

Dear Michael,

I really don't know what to say. I suppose a thank you is in order. I'll just keep this short so I can save myself the possible embarrassment. I appreciate your words and I can admit that I've never had anyone express anything like that to me before. For that simple fact, the answer is yes. I would love to accompany you to the movies one evening. My parents are not strict at all, in fact they won't even know I'm gone. *smile* So we can make further plans after class if that is okay with you. Talk to you later Michael.

Sara

Michael and Sara did talk after class that day and that mist in between her legs quickly turned into a slow drip when she left his side. That was the first time she inhaled his scent and she became intoxicated from it. She couldn't wait until one week from that day when they would go out on their first date. Wait, was it a date? She thought it was, because she's never been alone with the opposite sex before. Only in her own dreams had she thought of holding hands, kissing and rubbing against a boy. Now she had a face to paste on the boy in her dreams. That week Sara found out what great pleasures came from touching her own body. She was highly anticipating her first time alone with Michael Garner; the first boy of her dreams.

Published by: W0rd Hustlin' Inc © 2007-2008

4 readers:

Ms. emmotions said...

hmmmmm,
interestin read,
wat, are u tryin to do a book?
wont be a bad idea u knawww

She W0rd Hustlez said...

Thanks and I am just wrighting this short story for fun right now.

LYriKalLy~n~TOXi~c8N~ said...

Good Lawd! Girl you make me want to read a book! lmao NO, SERIOUSLY. i KNOW it's sad...but in a sense, you should be FLATTERED! i WANT more!!! Write MORE!!! haha This is GREAT!

She W0rd Hustlez said...

I have been slacking on The Cure, but I will get back into it. Promise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
A Lover's Hustle | TNB